Servicing And Maintenance of Your Fireplace
To ensure you always enjoy an efficient burning fireplace, we recommend that a standard service be carried out once a year.
What needs to be checked:
- Fireplace rope seals
- Condition of Firebrick linings
- Remove scaling from cast iron and/or steel Firebox, baffle etc. and touch up firebox/baffle with Stove heat resistant spray
- Cleaning of accessible flue/chimney passages
- Check operation of grate if applicable
- Check operation of air control mechanisms
Did you know that a build-up of creosote can not only hinder the efficiency of your chimney or flue, it can also be a fire hazard?
Build-up on the smoke shelf of an open fireplace of the chimney can combust by a spark causing an uncontrolled fire. Alternatively if you have a slow combustion stove – insert or freestanding, a build-up of soot and creosote in the flue can cause the same fire hazard.
Blockages such as birds/nests and creosote also prevent the flue / chimney from drawing efficiently which in turn can fill your room with smoke.
We recommend that you have your chimney swept at least every second year.
We offer the following:
- A highly experienced service team that takes pride in their service and workmanship.
- Fireplace / slow combustion stove servicing
- Chimney sweeping
- Cowl and flue maintenance / replacement
Please contact us for all your servicing requirements